Wednesday, October 7, 2009


This is my pre-hoosh fridge. My fridge and I usually have a great relationship. I fill it with homemade yogurt and soy milk every and fresh produce from Tuesday's farm stand. But I haven't been home going on 3 weekends in a row! There's nothing green in the fridge besides a little mold growing on a lonely coconut (I found some green fuzzies in a tub of old lebne--and yeah, I'll admit it, I was too busy to deal with cleaning, composting, and recycling its respective components so I just stuck it further back in the abyss).

There's so much in my freezer I can't ev
en use it. I wish we were on a FIFO basis (First In First Out) but its more like playing jenga with mystery meat. I bought an ice cream maker in May and can't physically fit the canister in the freezer. I've been trying to eat my way through its contents (roasted kabocha, tubs of kalbi bones for stock) but it's time for an overhaul. I'm penciling in a shopping date & dinner for my fridge on Sunday afternoon and maybe some spa time on the 13th (aka a full body scrub)... somehow, I have a sneaking suspicion that I had other commitments but I'm going to try to make it work.
At least my butter dish has a permanent smile on its face.

No comments:

Post a Comment